Slime is a leading cause of ice machine breakdowns and biological growth is a health concern. Manitowoc's exclusive Guardian® Accessory is patented technology that releases chlorine dioxide on a controlled basis to inhibit the growth of bacteria and fungi that form slime and cause odors in the food zone of ice machines.
It is not uncommon to perform a monthly manual cleaning of an ice machine to remove slime. Professional cleaning will typically cost $160 on average. Manitowoc's Guardian can extend slime cleaning effectiveness by up to six times the normal frequency... six months instead of one. The Guardian sachet housing is built into every S-Series ice machine.
- EPA registered as a slime inhibitor; FDA approved, and NSF listed to standard 12
- The sachet active ingredient is contained in a breathable tyvek sachet and packaged within a foil outer-wrap
- Ready to use formula. No mixing required. Simply remove sachet packet from foil outer-wrap and insert into Guardian holder
- No moving parts; no mechanical parts
- Will not affect ice produced or alter taste of beverages served
- Will not harm plastic or stainless steel
- Recommended change out frequency – 30-day replacement for maximum slime inhibitor effectiveness